- 1 Nanny Cam Reviews – Intro to Selecting The Right One For You
- 2 Best Nanny Cam Reviews And Comparisons for 2018
- 3 Conclusion
Nanny Cam Reviews – Intro to Selecting The Right One For You
The term ‘nanny cam’ has come into existence from protective parents who want to spy on their babies and their caretakers. Nanny cameras help parents undertake the responsibility of monitoring even when they are at work. With the motion alerts, they can quickly identify any unlikely occurrence. These cameras are extremely helpful when you want to keep an eye on what’s going on in your house. You can actually see what your pets or children are doing when you are away from home. Nanny cams are helpful for the overall security of your home, especially in your absence. They come loaded with a number of features such as video recording, remote access and so much more.
These cameras come in two major types. One is a hidden camera and the other is exposed, although both of these serve the same purpose. However, they have different legal implications. Let me elaborate on each of the two nanny cam types.
Hidden Nanny Cams
These cameras are normally hidden in regular devices used in homes such as an alarm clock or a play toy. The prime purpose of a hidden nanny camera is to monitor what is going on in the house, without the acknowledgment of the person in charge. You will however not be able to install the camera in a bathroom or other private places because this is illegal.
Exposed Indoor Cams
Home security cameras are usually called exposed indoor cams and these cameras are visible to everyone clearly. These are used for security and supervision purposes, you can inform the nanny about the cameras and also use the evidence if ever needed to appear in a court.
Let us now talk in detail about the best nanny cameras available in the market today. My nanny cam reviews are objective to help you make the best purchasing decision for your needs and budget.
Best Nanny Cam Reviews And Comparisons for 2018
Amcrest ProHD 1080P Nanny Cam
My #1 Choice – Best Nanny Cam 2017
The Amcrest ProHD 1080P Nanny Cam is a great tool to help you closely monitor your children or pets even when you are away from home. It is an excellent camera that offers a crystal clear view at 30 frames per second. It helps you keep a close tab on what is happening inside your house with great ease and comfort. This allows you to directly record on an on-board Micro SD card and even live streaming is possible directly from your phone.
The mobile set up is quick and almost instantaneous which means you can securely access your home, your pets and your kids even from a remote distance with such great ease with the Amcrest view app. It has a stunning 90-degree view angle and you can easily set up Wi-fi on this device. Additionally, you get access to smart motion alerts, advanced recording options, and an encrypted connection. When you have encrypted connection, it provides high-end security which means hackers cannot hack into your connection. Amcrest Cloud also offers cloud recording with 4 hours of free live viewing feature which is accessible from any Windows, iOS and Android devices.
What I Like:
- It allows two-way talking directly from your smartphone or any other portable device. It provides intelligent motion alerts and a number of mobile and web apps.
- Provides High Definition Images
- Easy and instant set-up with installation
- Digital zoom, pan and tilt feature
- Access to night time vision
- Provides intercom facility
- It has gotten a 4.5-star rating from a maximum of 80 % customers
What I Don’t Like:
- Customers find it hard to set up and configure, and expert guidance may be required initially.
- It comes with two apps, namely Lite and Pro. Most customers have had problems setting up the camera with the Lite app which is a free one.
D-Link DCS-5029L Nanny Cam
The D-Link DCS-5029L Nanny Cam is loaded with a lot of beneficial features that is great for supervision. It has a two-way audio feature which allows you to talk to your children when you are at work or away from home. This means you can also communicate with your child’s babysitter and give instructions as needed. It is simple and easy to use and the setup process is also relatively simpler than most other nanny cameras in the market.
The camera has an SD card slot for storage purposes which means you can view the footage at a later stage as well. It has night time video, sound and motion features and a little camera through which you can monitor your home remotely. Also, you can take shots in between when you see any unusual activity happening inside the house. You can gain access to the live footage at anywhere, anytime on any mobile or portable device, provided you have an Internet connection. This is a simple and easy to operate camera which can give you peace of mind knowing you can communicate with your child easily.
What I Like:
- It has a built-in power supply of 110-240 V AC
- Infrared facility up to 26 feet in darkness.
- Digital zoom up to 10x with pan and tilt
- Easy setup and installation process
- Comes with a 1 year warranty period
- Intelligent motion alerts on mobiles and other devices
- Also, has password protection and encryption
- Live feeds and remote monitoring is accessible on smartphones and other devices alike.
What I Don’t Like:
- Image resolution is relatively poor when compared to other nanny cameras of the same range in the market.
- The built-in speaker is not very loud which can lead to problems in audio hearing
- A problem with the camera position has been reported by many customers.
Vimtag WiFi IP Surveillance Camera/Nanny Cam
Another great camera! Use it for keeping yourself updated on what your kids and pets are doing at home when you are not there. No more worrying as the Vimtag WiFi IP Surveillance Camera / Nanny Cam comes with almost all the features that you need. It has a stunning HD Video Quality with a 1280 x 720p 25 fps with advanced night time vision feature, a two-way communication, zoom pan and tilt, SD card slot and motion alerts.
The image quality is highly rated by most customers along with the audio quality. When you plan to buy the best nanny cam, these are the points that are first considered and hence, these features make this nanny cam a desirable camera. Just in case your house is robbed you can provide the evidence with an HD video to the police. You also have the option of storing the videos to a hard drive. It can hold feeds from 4 different cameras at one time.
What I Like:
- It has a super strong and heavy rubber based material which means the camera is highly durable.
- The camera lens is of a superior quality which captures crystal clear videos with maximum clarity
- Remote monitoring and communication through live streaming with children is possible with a one million pixel High Definition camera.
- Motion detection snapshot alerts are captured automatically.
- Easy installation and setup process without complicated, lengthy procedures
- Very clear night vision is accessible
- Internal SD card slot is provided for video recordings with up to 32 GB capacity
- A sleek modern design which enables easy fit on walls and ceilings.
What I Don’t Like:
- Prompts for password every time a camera is logged off and this has been an issue with some customers
The Nest Cam Indoor Security Camera allows you to quickly interact and watch what your child or pet is up to while you are away from home. Whether you are out for work or some other purpose, the Nest Cam covers you with its stunning features. You can be at ease, seeing what your child is doing or what your elderly parents are doing at home when you are away. It has a 1080p video, a night time vision, a two-way communication process, sound and motion alerts and various other optional services from Nest Cloud allowing you to view the past footage.
The video quality is quite impressive along with the digital audio quality. It provides a wide-angle 360-degree view and an infra-red night vision. You can keep a sharp eye on your home to monitor intruders alongside the house and also your own pets and children indoors. The Nest App is designed to notify you every time there is a motion or sound.
What I Like:
- It has an 8x zooming feature with crystal clear camera quality
- The special wall mounting hardware makes it easier to attach the camera to the wall.
- It has a built-in microphone that enables clear sound hearing
- Allows you 24/7 live video streaming
- Easy setup and instant installation process
- Provides high-level data security to keep your video footage secure
- Two-way communication enabled
- Smart motion alerts accessible
What I Don’t Like:
- Only works when wi-fi is on
- Need Nest Aware subscription to record
- Expect to pay more than for other nanny cams
Netgear Arlo Pro Nanny Cam & Home Security Camera
The Arlo Pro Nanny Cam & Home Security Camera is a wireless camera which involves a less complicated way of adding the camera around the house. Now you can keep a tab on your pets, children or elderly parents at home with just a click of a button. You can access the camera’s live footage from your smartphone with great ease. The simplicity of use of this camera makes it the best choice for an average customer and is one of the winning features of this camera.
It is completely wireless without any power cords or Ethernet cords which also means it is convenient. The fuss of wiring is eliminated. There are several mounting options and it is simple and easy to mount on the wall. It has a two-way audio feature with a video resolution configurable up to 1280x 720. It has a 130-degree viewing angle which allows you to move the camera to different angles with ease. The battery power is 2440 mAh with a rechargeable battery option.
What I Like:
- The cameras mounts easy and recharge quickly with no hassle
- Audios enabled with speaker and microphone
- The storage options are both local as well as cloud storage
- The recording time is very responsive
- Comes with a digital panning, zooming and tilt option
- Smart motion detection sensors
- Easy setup with less complicated procedures
- Night vision enabled with 850 mm LEDS
What I Don’t Like:
- Additional batteries will cost higher
- For recharging the batteries, you must turn off the camera
Nanny cams are a great tool, indeed, when it comes to monitoring your children and at the same time be there at work. Well, you cannot obviously be at two places at once, and here is where the nanny cams prove to be most beneficial. When it comes to the working of Nanny cams, almost all have similar functionalities and features.
However, there are certain features in my nanny cam reviews that distinguish one from the other, and that is why most customers like to check reviews and ratings before making the final choice. While most of the nanny cams help you monitor what is going on in your house in your absence, features like quality of the camera, sound, data storage and security etc. are some points that you do not overlook.
My #1 Nanny Cam Recommendation
My top pick out of the 5 cameras has to be the Amcrest ProHD 1080P Nanny Cam because of its excellent image quality. Not only does it have a high definition camera but also functions extremely well. It is highly durable which means it can stand the test of time very effectively. The security system of Amcrest Pro HD is highly reliable as there is no chance of hacking with its strong built security and encryption.
It can be a tad expensive and difficult to set up but it is totally a worth buy because it primarily fulfills the purpose of having nanny cameras in your home. We highly recommend the Amcrest Pro HD 1080P Nanny Cam because it is important for your investment to be worthwhile when it comes to buying a camera for your children’s supervision and security. Click here to see pricing and possible discounts of the Amcrest Pro HD 1080P Nanny Cam
I hope you learned something from my nanny cam reviews and helped you make your decision easier. Remember it is to the benefit of your children’s protection to have the best nanny cams placed around your home.